There is no perfect calculation for pain and suffering damages, and often what you can get depends upon you and your attorney. It is important to always keep track of the emotional and physical difficulties that occur in your life after the injury, that way when it comes time to negotiate a settlement or testify in court, you and your attorney can get the most for your injuries. Below is a list of different types of damages and questions to consider.
- Employment status - Full time, Part Time, Casual, Seasonal, Contractor, or Unemployed.
--- Did you miss any work as a result of the injury?
--- Did you lose your job?
--- Has your ability to perform your job been diminished?
--- Have you lost your ability to obtain a promotion?
- Has your injury impacted your ability to accomplish any indoor domestic/household activities?
--- Washing Windows
--- Making Dinner
--- Caring for Children
--- Caring for Pets
- Has your injury impacted your ability to accomplish any outdoor domestic/household activities?
--- Mowing the Lawn
--- Cleaning Cars
--- Taking Out the Garbage
--- Working on Cars
- Has your injury impacted your ability to participate in educational activities, and has your injury impacted your educational success/growth?
--- Can you still attend school? If so, has your success/grades/growth been hindered by your injury?
--- Are you no longer attending school?
- Are you unable to participate in any hobbies as a result of the injuries caused?
--- Did you make money while participating in any of these hobbies?
--- How long were you unable to participate in this activity?
--- Are you able to participate in the activity, but with increased difficulty?
- Are you unable to participate in sports as a result of the injuries caused?
--- Was the sport social, competitive, semi-professional, or professional in nature?
--- Did you make money participating in this sport?
Vacation and Travel Activities
- Have you been unable to travel or take vacations, or was a travel or vacation related activity interrupted as a result of the injuries caused?
--- What type of travel was adversely effected?
------ Pleasure Travel
------ Business Travel
------ Family Travel
------ Seasonal Travel
--- How was the traveling/vacationing effected?
- Will your future be effected by the injuries which were caused, and if so how?
- Will you be unable to
The Law Offices of Paul Samakow